Second child snatch attempt in Inverness
Contribute to support quality local journalism
Police are carrying out inquiries after a report of an alleged second child snatch attempt in Inverness.
The latest incident, which is said to have happened in Culloden on Tuesday, follows a similar reported incident last month when two boys were approached in Westhill.
A spokesman for Police Scotland said: "Police in Inverness are investigating following a report that a boy was approached by an unknown man who attempted to engage him in conversation in the Culloden area on Tuesday.
"The boy refused and police were contacted a short time later.
"Officers are continuing to investigate the report and are pursuing various lines of enquiry to trace the man described as being involved."
The previous incident involved two boys, aged six and 10, on Westfield Way at about 4.30pm on February 23.
A car pulled up and one of two men inside asked the boys to get in.
The boys refused and afterwards were reported to be safe and well, but the police said it was a worrying incident and carried out a review of CCTV and door to door enquiries.
One of the men in that incident is described as having a short beard, brown hair wearing a blue/red jacket or jumper. They were driving a dark blue car.
This website is powered by the generosity of readers like you. BECOME A SUPPORTER
Please donate what you can afford to help us keep our communities informed.
In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.