Published: 16/04/2018 16:09 - Updated: 16/04/2018 16:15

Fiscal accepts not guilty plea following incident in Dornoch house


Trial ends at Inverness
Trial ends at Inverness


A disturbing 999 phone call lasting almost 10 minutes by an alleged domestic abuse victim was played to a jury at a trial in Inverness today.

The woman told Inverness Sheriff Court it was her voice on the recording shouting, screaming and swearing at her 31 year old partner, Lee Dyce of Kessock Avenue, Inverness.

He denied assaulting the woman to her severe injury and permanent disfigurement, two charges of police assault and one of behaving in a threatening manner.

The offences were alleged to have taken place in a house in Elizabeth Court, Dornoch on December 7 last year.

At one point she could be heard sobbing in the phone call to a police emergency call handler: “How dare you put your hands on me. You deserve to go to jail.”

And in another sequence she identified her alleged assailant as Lee Dyce saying “he is going to end up killing me.”

But when the 34 year old took to the witness box, she said she was so intoxicated on alcohol and medication, she couldn’t remember what happened.

She said: “The last thing I remember was drinking a half bottle of buckfast and then waking up in hospital. I got three stitches in my eye and had a sore face.”

Fiscal depute Michelle Molley did not question her further and defence solicitor Marc Dickson sought a brief adjournment.

He later told Sheriff Gordon Fleetwood that Dyce would admit the police assault and threatening behaviour charges but not the assault on the woman.

Dyce had attempted to head-butt one constable and spat on another after they had answered the 999 call. As he was being arrested, Dyce struggled, shouted and swore and threatened the officers with violence.

Ms Molley accepted those pleas and the trial ended.

Dyce, who admitted 59 previous convictions, some for previous police assaults, was jailed for 15 months.

But as he had been freed after just nine weeks from an 18 week prison sentence, 10 days before the Dornoch offences, Sheriff Fleetwood added a further 53 days to take into account the unexpired portion.

< Back


Reddit Facebook Digg Twitter Bebo