A kitchen fire sparked a big turnout by local fire appliances this afternoon - only for the blaze to be extinguished before they arrived.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 3.28pm to reports of a fire at a farmhouse in Achentoul near Kinbrace.
“Operations control immediately mobilised three fire appliances to the incident which involved a small fire in a kitchen that was extinguished prior to the arrival of the crews," said a spokeswoman.
“There were no casualties. Firefighters left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe.”