The Sutherland County team at Balintore in 1963.
From Our Photo Archive
This is Golspie Sutherland's remarkable soccer team which swept the board of honours in 1961, pictured here at their home ground with their haul of trophies. This is from Donald Stewart, formerly of Golspie, now living in Balloch, Inverness. The players are (left to right): Back Grant MacGregor, Ian MacRae, Alan Sutherland, Billy Murray, Ian MacDonald, Charlie Melville. Front Alistair Matheson, James Mackay, John Melville, Alistair MacRae, John Mackay.
Mairi Lindsay (nee Balfour) tells us: "Last summer I sent in a photograph of Skibo School in 1954 at which time there were 23 pupils. This one was taken four years later - 1958 - and there are only nine.
Staff at the Highlands and Islands Tourism Council mailing centre in Golspie...
Brora Nursery Class were shown round Capaldi's of Brora by owner Michael Small (back) in July 1997. Also pictured are nursery nurse Joan Pryde (back, right) and JET trainee Lorna Maclennan.
Children at the Church of Scotland Sunday School at Scourie after their annual prizegiving in July 1997.
We ran this photo of the qualifying class at Golspie in 1932 in a recent Old Files section. Here it is again with a full list of names. Back (all left to right): teacher Miss Blanche Cumming, Alick George
This is the shop at Altass, pre-1920. The photo was given to us by George Murray, Morvich - his grandfather and subsequently his father owned the establishment.
This is the Golspie School qualifying class of 1932.
- Councillors urged not to support Lairg windfarms
- Melvich mountaineer aims for top of world
- Primary pupils learn about geology at Knockan Crag opening
- Global Energy to spend £37m on South Quay upgrade
- Village Craic - May 17th
- Change of name a good omen for Thomson
- Glorious Twelfth for Royal Dornoch
- United in thumping victory over Lairg
- John Thurso advised to be absent from same sex marriage vote
- The pup is huge and doesn't know his own strength
- Lawson closed to new admissions
- Brora Cadet detachment in second racism row - full story
- £118,000 disbursed from Gordonbush fund
- Dornoch Firth Group appoints two new workers
- VisitScotland say turbines have not damaged tourism - yet
- Restaurant plans axed after outcry
- Lochinver lifeboat called out to drifting fishing boat
- Police target illegal drivers
- It's Miller time as revamped hole is opened
- Sutherland cadet instructor quits over racism row